Thursday 31 December 2015

Review of the day

Whilst it won’t go down as one of the great days for the official P&L, I think those who understand the service, will realise what an important day today was…

As said this morning, it has been a tough couple of weeks – and I felt like I really needed a winning tip or two.

And low and behold, that’s exactly that I got !

First up, it was Imagine the Chat at Newbury – who kept his feet whilst all around him were tumbling…
In truth it is debatable whether any of his rivals would have been able to beat him, even if they hadn’t fallen.

Sean Bowen looked supremely confident throughout – and he came away nicely from the favourite on the Newbury run in.
A good start to the day.

Next it Balmusette.
I have to be honest - her late market drift worried me.
8/1 when I tipped her – and backed into as low at 6/1 – she was nearly double that price on BF, at the off.

Despite that, she travelled through the race with purpose – but just couldn’t quicken when asked.
She’ll be dropped a couple more pounds for the run – and her day will come.

The final tips of the day to run, were Ziga Boy and Godsmejudge.
As with the two previous tips, they weren’t particularly strong in the market (though not significantly weak either).

Ziga Boy took up a perfect position from the off – jumped for fun – and never really looked like getting beaten.
If only all the tips could run like that !

To put the cherry on the cake, Godmejudge ran on well to take a distant second.
The forecast paid nearly £50 – not bad if you were shrewd enough to latch on to it (which Decky was – well done Decky !!).

Despite that good effort (and a little bit like in the tipping competition – LOL !), Decky was forced to take second place in the days ‘interpreting the write-up’ challenge – behind Steve…

Steve is a new guy to the service – who bravely took the plunge at the start of the season and signed up to the Info service.

More than that, he’s thrown himself into the service – participating in the Naps competition and generally contributing to the forum.

Today, he got some reward for his effort s over the past couple of months.

Despite having limited experience of the service – and on the back of a pretty poor run – he took the plunge and put the days 4 ‘strongest’ mentions into a lucky 15.

Now you have to appreciate that this was Steves view of ‘strong’ – not mine.
I just provide the analysis – it’s up to you guys to interpret it !

Well, today, Steve interpreted it very well indeed.
He had a £2 Lucky 15 on Baltimore Rock, Ma Filleule, Silvergrove and One Track Mind – and all 4 won !

I don’t know what odds Steve took – but at SP, the bet paid just shy of £650 !

I’ll be expecting him to sign up again next season !

So, all things considered, I think today can be classed as a good day !

As I mentioned this morning, I’m now taking a few days off.
I’ll resist basking in the glory – and instead consider any improvements I can make.

I’ll doubtless be around on the forum a bit (assuming I can get in !) – but as I’ll be away for part of the period, don’t expect to see too much of me.

Finally, I would like to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year. Hopefully, with help from TVB – and a bit of effort from yourselves - it will be a prosperous one as well !

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment