Sunday 6 December 2015

Review of the day

Well that was a bit better…
A winning tip – and a winning Nap in the forum competition !

More than that, however, I felt I read the days races pretty well.

I was disappointed with my performance yesterday.
I know there were mitigating reasons – but as you all aware, I set very high standards.

Still, it was only one day – and today was much more like it Smile

Obviously, the day was made by Woodford County, who pretty much ran precisely the race I expected.
He travelled nicely in behind the leaders (apart from passing the stand prior to the final circuit – these old boys know where the stables are and sometimes take a bit of persuading to go out again !).
One by one his opponents fell by the wayside, but he just kept on rolling.

Once he hit the front at the third last, I thought he would take a bit of passing.
In fairness, Nail’M had a good go – but Woodford is as tough as teak.

He thoughtfully deserved that win – and even though I say so myself, so did we, after last Saturday…

The only surprising aspect, was his price.
The SP was 8/1 – whilst on BF, he returned at 10/1.
A drifting TVB winner is a rare beast indeed !!

In the previous race on the card, Otago Trail showed great tenacity to get back at Mon Successeur.
I suspect they are both progressive horses – and the chances of the latter weren’t helped by his jockey losing his whip after jumping the last.
I think both are likely to be worth following…

The final race of interest at Exeter was the novice chase – and as I half excepted, Tea for Two proved different class.
He sauntered in by 10 lengths and showed himself a novice of some potential.
It will be interesting to see where he goes next – I suspect graded events beckon…

Over at Sandown, it was nice to Vision Des Champs repay some of that faith I showed in him – last season !
For whatever reason, something seems to have clicked with him – and after settling in behind the ferocious early pace, he had enough left late on to collar Malibu Son.

Whether he can go on again from this, is a different matter.
But at least he’s had his time in the sun (just 12 months later than ideal !)…

It probably looked as if I got the novice handicap chase all wrong – and I certainly selected the wrong horse.
However, the winner Anthony, was a similar price to Like Tully this morning and the rationale of taking on the market leaders in a seemingly open race, was sound.
It won’t always deliver the right horse – but it should provide profit, in the long term.

Finally, I read the amateur riders race perfectly – torn between the 2 markets leaders Silver Grove and Conas Taoi.
There was little between them jumping the last – though it did look like Silver Grove was going to prevail.
Then his rider lost his balance and promptly fell off !

I was going to say that I hoped non of you backed him – but I know some did.
Worse than that. I know at least one of you had the forecast.
Unlucky, Paul Sad smile

Just a reminder, as it’s a Friday, I will open the tipping window at 6:00, in case there is anything I can tip this evening, in tomorrows big races.

If I do issue anything, I will put it on the forum a little later, for the benefit of the Info guys…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment