Sunday 6 December 2015

Review of the day

Today just demonstrated how tricky it can be, having to tip hours before the races get underway...

If I’d been able to see Oficial Ben arriving at the start in a muck sweat, he wouldn’t have been a tip: whilst if I had known that Aachen was going to drift to 7/1, he would have been.

However, as I’ve not yet cracked seeing into the future, I have to make my decisions early – and today, I got things wrong…

In fairness, I knew that Oficial Ben was a risky one – and I fully expected him to be heavily backed if I’d got it right.
Instead he was a big drifter in the run up to the off (presumably once people saw him sweating).

He did travel quite nicely in his race – but there are temperament issues.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the last race he runs for Jonjo…

The Shy John/Aachen race was more frustrating.
Last night, it was 10/1 Shy John, 6/1 Aachen – and it was my intention to split stakes between the pair (with more on Shy John).
However, this morning, it was 9/1 Shy John, 4/1 Aachen – so I abandoned the saver.

At the off, it was 6/1 Shy John, 7/1Aachen.

I hope at least a few of you saved your stakes on him.

In the race itself, Shy John was still going fine when he unseated at the fourth last.

It was too far out to say whether he might have won – but I suspect he would have given Aachen more to think about than any of his other rivals did…

So far as the mentions were concerned: then Smoking Jacket ran OK – but could only manage a distant fourth, behind Blanfords Gunner.
Lac Sacre was well backed in the seller – but found nothing off the bridle (I suspect he’s got a physical issue).
Finally, Presenting Arms mange to follow up his win of last week – but wasn’t overly impressive, considering his SP of 1/2…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment