Thursday 31 December 2015

Daily write-up - Dec 21st

There will be no tips today…

I have spent quite a lot of time considering whether to tip a particular horse – but I’ve eventually decided against it.

The horse in question is Prairie Town (Ling 1:40) – who, ironically, I spent a lot of time thinking about tipping on his run before last, when he won at Sandown.
I eventually decided not to that day – and I‘ve decided not to today, as well.
I hope history doesn’t repeat itself !

In fairness, I’m not tipping him today, for different reasons to last time.
Then, I wasn’t sure on the state of the ground – today I have concerns over the opposition he faces….
If I had tipped him it would have been EW, as I wouldn't be surprised to see something beating him.
However, I felt he had a very good chance of reaching the frame (and if all his opponents under-perform, a chance of winning).

If you think I’ve been too cautious, I wouldn’t put you off having a small wager on him…

Aside from that race, there is little of betting interest at Lingfield (though there is a fascinating beginners chase at 2:10).

Bangors card tomorrow has already been abandoned due to waterlogging, leaving just Clonmel.
I doubt there will be any tips from there – but I’ll check this evening and confirm either way.

That will then be it, racing wise, until Boxing day.

However, there will be a bit of activity on the forum – if you need something to help you through blank the period !

TVB.


No comments:

Post a Comment