Sunday 29 November 2015

Review of the day

This is my 4th season tipping – and I’ve had some tough days along the way – but I think today must go down as the biggest sickener of the lot…

I tipped in 5 races – and managed to get 4 seconds.
That makes a total of 13 seconds so far this season.
I’ve not issued 50 tips yet – which means my seconds are running at a rate of over 25% !

At the odds at which I tend to tip, that’s quite some performance (and ignores the half dozen winners !).

It’s difficult to know where to start, on the tale of woe – so I’ll begin with the race in which I didn’t tip a runner up…

That was Abracadabra Sivola, who was heavily supported into favouritism in a hugely competitive race – but jumped poorly and ultimately finished well beaten.

Next it was Diamond King.
He was also subject to huge pre-race support, finally going off an 11/4 shot.
However, I was slightly concerned that an unexposed one might do him – and so it turned out.
I even managed to nominate which one (and the third, for good measure !).
It wasn’t the tricast I was after, however…

Next it was Virak, and whilst he ran a mighty race, he just couldn’t get past Wikanda.
The latter put in a perfect round of jumping – and galloped on bravely.
It was still a tough one to take.

In fairness, to Theatre Guide, that wasn’t a tough one.
He was totally outclassed by Smad Place and did well to run on to finish a very distant second.
Houblon Des Obeaux seemed to find it all happening a bit quick – which made me wonder if the ground was actually as soft as was claimed (as did the performances of Theatre Guide and Smad Place – as neither of them would have wanted it desperate).

So, after a frustrating afternoon, it was left to Whispering Harry to salvage things.
And how he tried to do just that.
He jumped, galloped and battled - but just found Grey Gold a bit too good.

His was undoubtedly the hardest one to take – not least because I did think I’d found one with him…

In terms of the mentions: then Aso managed to finished second at Newbury – behind Arzal.
Did anyone have the forecast ?

Whilst at Newcastle, The Rambling Kid ran a might race – trading at just over 2 in running.
If anyone played on him they should have made it pay.

Finally, at Doncaster, Billie Merriot added another letter to his profile when unseating; Whilst Prairie Town did indeed find the ground to quick (though I wouldn’t lose faith in him).

All in all, a day I would rather forget…

TVB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment