Friday 29 January 2016

Daily write-up - Jan 22nd

The abandonment of Chepstow at least saved me the dilemma over when to issue a tip – though I’m not sure that should really be viewed as a good thing !

With it gone, we are left with just the one NH meeting today, at Market Rasen.

It’s not a bad meeting – but there was nothing running that really grabbed me...

The most interesting race of the day (from my perspective, anyway !), is the handicap chase at 2:55…
I’m drawn to the top 3 runners – though non of them are bomb proof.
Most interesting, is probably Silver Eagle, whose second to Thomas Crapper over hurdles at Cheltenham 2 season ago, saw his rating in that discipline rise to 134.
He runs over fences today off a mark of just 112 – so clearly could be thrown in.
However, he was off the track for a long time prior to a disappointing come back run at Doncaster in November and so comes with serious risks.
That said, if he does bounce back to form today, he will likely win doing hand-springs !
If the ground were quicker, I would be tempted by Hindon Road, but as it’s likely to be soft, I think Gold Ingot could be the answer.
I’m a little surprised that he has drifted to 8/1 – and I think it can be argued that he’s a fair EW bet at that price (there are 9 in the race).
That said, I couldn’t dismiss sufficient in the race for me to consider making him an official selection…

The preceding graduation chase (2:20) is the most valuable race on the card – and if the ground were a little better and the stable in any kind of form, I would be quite keen on Kalane.
However, Charlie Longsdon hasn’t had a winner for absolutely ages – and I don’t think conditions will be perfect for Kalane.
That said, if she gets into a rhythm up front, I’m not sure any of her rivals will be good enough to pass.

I had half a fancy for Kudu Country in the handicap hurdle at 1:50 – but he’s now a NR…
As a consequence, the race looks likely to go to one of the market leaders.
I think it will come down to whether the first time tongue tie has the desired effect on Herons Heir.
He finished his race weakly last time, so I’m not too surprised to see it applied.
However, as I’ve said before it’s not really something like seeing deployed…
Sailors Warn is absolutely thrown in on old Irish form – and showed signs of a rival last time out.
He is probably the better bet in the race, at the current 5/1…

The final race of interest, is the handicap hurdle at 3:30 – though again, I’m drawn to the head of the market…
Away for Slates beat Teo Vivio last time out – and the runner-up ran really well at Musselburgh earlier in the week (thereby franking the form).
The other one of real interest, is Crosspark.
He finished third last time out, in a novice hurdle at Southwell – and the form of that race now looks particularly strong.
They definitely look the 2 to beat in the race - but odds of 4/1 and 7/2 respectively mean that I’m not telling you anything you couldn’t have worked out by just looking at the betting !

Just a quick reminder, that as it’s a Friday, I will open the tipping window at 6:00 this evening, in case there is anything in tomorrows big races, which I am able to tip early.

Best of luck if you do choose to get involved today.

TVB.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment