Wednesday 17 February 2016

Daily write-up - Feb 9th

Tomorrows racing at Market Rasen and Sedgefield, looks no better than todays - so I think it makes sense for me to take another day off...

There are actually a couple of horses running at Sedgefield, who I’ve been keeping an eye on.
However, with a question mark over the ground – plus their fitness (due again to the recent weather), I’m disinclined to get involved with them, at relatively short odds...

The first is No Through Road in the chase at 2:55.
I thought he ran well last time out, when seeming not to get home over an extended 3 miles at Plumpton.
He should be better suited by tomorrows trip of 2m5f – and I think he has every chance.
My concerns are the fact that he’s not been out for nearly 2 months (suggesting there might have been a problem): and that it’s difficult to get a proper handle on a few of his rivals.
All that said, 5/1 is probably a fair enough price, in a winnable race.

The second horse I’m interested in, is Rupert Bear in the 4:00.
This is a very poor race, which should be well within his compass.
The big thing for him is the state of the ground – it really can’t be too soft.
Assuming it is indeed bottomless, I would expect him to go very close – however he’s already been backed and I wouldn't have sufficient confidence in him to recommend getting involved at 9/4...

The first of these 2 races, is actually the ‘race of the day’ on the forum, so it is likely to be knocked around a bit by the guys on there – and hopefully the winner will drop out !
Talking of the forum, then it’s great to see that around half of you have already registered.
During periods like this, when things are relatively quiet, it’s a good way of keeping the interest up.

Either this evening, or tomorrow morning, I will create a couple more threads on the forum.
It is really important that anyone who follows the tips late, reads them – particularly if you follow the tips at BSP.
I’ve uncovered two things which could make a significant difference to the profitability of anyone who backs the tips close to the off.
I’m going to cover the points as forum  threads, because I think they warrant some discussion – but they really should be read by all.
Remember, it is possible to change settings in the forum so that you receive all new posts by email, if that makes things easier for you...

Hopefully I’ll be back bright and early on Wednesday morning – though with inspections already scheduled for both Ludlow and Taunton, that can’t be guaranteed.
Will this weather ever give us a break ?!

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment