Sunday 27 March 2016

Review of the day

I think this afternoon demonstrated just how difficult it can be sometimes, when trying to tip/analyse races, hours before the off…

As I said this morning, there was rain expected today – and quite a lot of it.
I was therefore a little surprised when I turned on the TV – and the everything at Haydock, appeared to be completely dry !

Barely a drop of rain fell there before 3:30 – and then it absolutely poured down !

Betting early on many of the runners would have been a complete lottery – which his why I was so cautious.

I ended up just issuing one small tip at Haydock – and not only was it indifferent to underfoot conditions, it also got a bit of luck !

Petethepear appeared booked for second place, coming to the final hurdle – but Emerging Force. Who had just taken up the running, got the flight wrong and parted company with his rider.
It’s not often luck smiles on us, but it did today…

The other tip on the day, was Keel Haul.
The rain came for him – and the way he was backed in the market made me very optimistic.

However, despite running better than he has done recently, he was no match for Ut Majeur Aulmes.
Keel Haul will be dropped a few more pounds for this run – and given a greater stamina test, he can win another race…

I’d be interested to know whether any of you had any joy in the opener at Haydock.
My main fancy for the race, was Midnight Jazz – and she ran very well to finish second.

However, she couldn’t get to the front running Lady of Longstone.
I suggested her as a back to lay in running play – and she was available at 30 on BF, minutes before the off.

I expected her to run well – though I thought she would get collared up the home straight.
However, that never happened and she won in most convincing fashion.

My short list of 3 yielded the winner in the next Haydock race, with Ballybolley a very comfortable victor.
The Cobble Swayne and Raktiman never featured – which was a shame as I had them both in forecasts with the winner !!

We were on No Duffer last time at Warwick, when he couldn’t get to Leo Lunar.
I thought the winner might confirm the form today – but I was wrong,
He couldn’t get to the front – and sulked.
No Differ meanwhile, was prominent thought out and came home a gutsy winner.

He’s the fourth or fifth ex-tip recently, to win on his next outing…

The rain didn’t come in time at Haydock, to give Vendor any chance, and he was well beaten.
The back to lay in running option, Johnny Delta suffered a horrible looking fall at the very first hurdle.
I’m not sure how the horse fared – but his jockey ended up in hospital.

When the rain did finally arrive, it completely changed the complex of the staying chase – but it was Universal Soldier rather than Woodford County, who took advantage.

Over at Carlisle, official eye catcher, Blakemount, made every post a winning one (as I thought he might).
Run Ructions Run ran a very ‘interesting’ race - looking likely to tail off before finishing with a rare rattle.
I suspect she is not one to trust.

Finally, Carrigdhoun ran a decent race – but really bumped into one in the shape of Full Jack.
He’d not shown a lot since coming over from France – and hadn’t been seen for 10 months – but looked a hugely improved performer this afternoon.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment