Wednesday 30 March 2016

Review of the day

Well that was all very pleasing, wasn’t it  !!!!

Caras Oscar put up the performance I hoped for at Fairyhouse and won pretty comfortably.

As you doubtless gathered this morning, I was very keen on him.
I would have liked to stake him more aggressively – but I just didn’t think the market would take it.

The early 8/1 barely lasted as long as it took me to press ‘send’ – and he was down to 6/1 quite quickly (and very tight on BF).

The interesting thing however, was that he was extremely weak close to the off.
His returned SP was 8/1 – but his BF starting price was 13.5.

I guess I could try preaching patience – but I suspect it would fall on deaf ears (plus it’s hardly worth it now anyway !).

I really don’t know the best way round it – other than tipping as late as possible – and keeping stakes small.

Anyway, the important thing is that he won – and I know quite a few of you (wisely !) pay no regard to my suggested staking !!

I didn’t read the other races on the card too badly, either…

In truth, I think it was as much the pace he set, as the ground, that proved the undoing of Flemenstar – but he didn’t run his race.
Top Gamble did though – and he was a convincing winner from Sizing Granit (who really needs to brush up his jumping).

The 3 that interested me most in the novice handicap hurdle, managed to provide the winner and the second, with Coney Island getting the better of Stowaway Shark.

My shortlist also managed to get the winner of the handicap hurdle, via Clondaw Warrior – not that I’ll take too much credit for that…

So just the 2 days to go – and in reality, I think that might pretty much be that.
The racing tomorrow looks uninspiring – so it will just be a question of whether there is anything of interest on Thursday.

Still, if it does all effectively end today, then at least we’ve gone out on a high - thanks to Caras Oscar and Robbie Power 

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment